5 Years NED – Uterine Carcinosarcoma (MMMT)

Options
cmb
cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
edited November 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I saw my gynecological oncologist today and I’m happy to report that I’m still NED, five years after my treatment for Stage 3B, uterine carcinosarcoma (MMMT) ended.

When I was first diagnosed, reading reports of others with this type of cancer who had survived for several years gave me cause to hope that I might have the same result. So, I’m sharing this news for the same reason.

I did have a different chemo protocol than usual, followed by pelvic radiation. You can read about the specifics by clicking on my user profile.

I know that things can change in the future, especially since I have Lynch Syndrome. But regardless of what the future may bring, I’m grateful for the time I’ve had during these past few years. I hope that with expanded use of genomic/genetic testing and new therapies, others here will have the same positive results.

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Congrats, cmb!

What a milestone you have reached! You are entitled to some fancy celebrating. Woo hoo! Here is to the next 5 years!

xxoo

Denise

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I agree! Here's to the next five. I think it is really important for us to share the good news too. It does give hope to other women.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

What great news! Congratulations!

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Yay!

Congratulations! That is such great news! And so encouraging for the ladies walking the same MMMT path as well as those with different types of uterine cancer.

Wishing you another 5+ quality years!

You have been such a treasure to us between the knowledge you regularly share and all the work you have put into this board to make it an incredible resource for our members.

Kathy

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

This is just plain wonderful! Wish I could give you a big hug.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Congratulations, cmb!!!! I am so happy for you. May you have 5 times 5 many more NED years! Hugs my friend.

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options

cmb, BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you on reaching the 5-year post-treatment mark!! And thanks for sharing this spectacular news with us!

You have done so much for the members and those who have visited this board over the years that I would have sworn you have been here at least double that amount of time!!

Hope you're doing some serious celebrating of this very special anniversary!

MoeKay

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes! I’ve always regretted that I didn’t find this site until just after I finished treatment, although it has been very helpful to me as post-treatment issues have popped up. I’ve found it to be such a great resource for new and old members alike.

I haven’t scheduled anything in particular to celebrate this milestone, but plan to do so in the next few weeks. But as happy as my family and friends are for me at this time, none of them really understand how I feel right now. But I know you and many other members/guests here can relate in that deeper way.

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Congratulations!

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Dear Cmb, the rock of our board--

You have, more than anyone here, been the calm in the storm. The lighthouse. I want to thank you from the very bottom of my often-stressed heart for every single thing you do. You are a researcher. You notice obscure bits of information, which you generously share out. And you are simply a kind, thoughtful person.

Sending you great love and the most admiration I can ever muster!

Deb <3

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

And ps, so damn glad for your health. What a gift your life is to so many.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

I think it is the one of the most difficult emotional thing that we experience, our family and friends have no idea what the toll this takes on us because we are always trying to spare them. Yes, 100% cmb, we understand in a way they can not. Your contributions to this board since I have been here (2018) have been invaluable. Thanks so much!

Denise

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

This is really great news. Congratulations!

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Wonderful news! Congrats! A big hug and thank you for all you do for us!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Congratulations CMB!

That is wonderful news! Always glad to hear good news!

• SpringerSpanielMom
    SpringerSpanielMom Member Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Congrats, CMB! You are our mountain.

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Options

CMB, that is fantastic! I came on to leave a 4 yr follow up post, and was thrilled to see your good news! Made me so happy!

• lkitty
    lkitty Member Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Congratulations! This is such wonderful news!! You have been so supportive and encouraging to me and I will be forever grateful.

Lisa

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Dear cmb,

I’m sorry I’m late to this congratulatory party! I’ve been on vacation.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I’m soooo happy for you! And I want to thank you, too, for being the rock of this board!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️, A

• MelissaJA
    MelissaJA Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Congratulations! It's brings hope for those of us with CS.