My Sex Drive and Period, Wishing For Their Return.

Options
MS35
MS35 Member Posts: 1 *
edited August 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site so please forgive me if this question has been asked many times but I need to ask it. I am a 35 year old woman. Last year September 2021 I had surgery for stage three ovarian cancer, a rare form of it called a teratoma. Almost a year later after chemo and another surgery, I am very thankful to my God, my doctor and the chemo nurses and my family that I am still alive very grateful, very very grateful for it 🙏😊.

I have been cancer free since May 2022 and I’m just starting to get my life together again. I did not have a full hysterectomy. I have my uterus as well as one ovary still remaining. I chose to do so not only I wanted to keep what God has given me for my period and my sex to come back much more fully but also wanting a child someday.

My question is since my chemo began in Nov 2021, my period stoped which isn’t surprising. I still had one after the surgery of September 2021 . As if I’m writing this I still haven’t had my period back as well as my sex drive not coming back to the way it was. I still feel a little aroused at least a couple times month but it’s like The volume has been turned down from what it once was 95% to 100% to about 20% to 30% in overall physical sexual intensity.

I wanted to ask the brave ladies on this board what their experience has been with chemotherapy, their sex drive as well as their periods after going through such a thing in relation to this not only to ovarian cancer but particularly my rare form of it and who haven’t gone through a full hysterectomy. Anyone that can chime in on it would be very helpful and I would be very grateful for it thank you all very much 🙏.