Metastasis Stage 4 High Grade Serous

Options
ghernand
ghernand Member Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hello all,

is there anyone out there that got initial diagnosis with stage 4 uterine cancer with metastasis? My mom of 67 was diagnosed with Stage 4 High grade serous adenocarcinoma 4 months ago. The Pet scan found it on liver and mostly lymphnodes throughout abdomen. A few lymphnodes in the chest/neck area. No other organ has been impacted. Her scans after 4 chemo show remarkable response so far and now the surgeon is planning a surgery to remove uterus either after 6 or 8th chemo. At first, surgery was not an option but due to her great response so far now it is. The oncologist wants to do another scan after 6th chemo and then if she’s still responding bring it up to 8. So surgery might be either after 6 or 8th.

I asked the surgeon if there is a chance that the remaining chemos will wipe out what’s left on the liver and lymphnodes. He said most of the time there is usually remains on the liver but that he plans on using immunotherapy later on to keep it under control.

This is where we’re at so far, if anyone has gone through something similar please share your journey and any helpful information.

I love my mother so much and I’m so scared

ghernand

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

One of our longtime members was diagnosed with Stage 4, UPSC in 2010. She had a recurrence in 2017 and sadly passed away in 2019. But she was NED (no evidence of disease) for several years after her initial surgery and treatment until her recurrence. You can read her profile at https://csn.cancer.org/profile/discussions/pinky104

The newer immunotherapy treatments were not readily available even 2-3 years ago, so it’s hard to compare possible survivorship longevity today to what it was in the past. Each of us is unique in how we respond to treatment. I hope that your mother continues to have good results from her treatments.

• ghernand
    ghernand Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thank you CMB! I will definitely read her profile. Sounds like she was a fighter and Thank you for sharing.

im trying to educate myself on the subject as much as I can. If you come across any other information- please do share.

hugs and love

ghernand