Vats lobectomy recovery

Options
Workerbee
Workerbee Member Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

I am fortunate to not have had an open thoractomy. I almost hate to ask when others have had more painful open procedures. Almost 2 weeks ago, I had the VATS removal of my RLL. Has anyone experienced abdominal pain almost constantly a few inches from their incision? Bending over hurts and I try to avoid it but there's always some reason to need to do it. (Put the dog collar or leash off/on, etc.) I stayed within my lifting restrictions of 10 pounds but maybe lifting lesser amounts caused my pain? How long til I'm pain-free? The lung is almost better by now. Comments appreciated!

Comments

• Workerbee
    Workerbee Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Perhaps my pain was nerve pain looking at other's posts. The size of the area has decreased and some bending is now fine. (3 weeks post-op). I have an area of hypersensitivity, almost numbness that I've seen others post about so not super worried any more.

• Aupair
    Aupair Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I had the robotic assisted surgery for my lower left lobectomy in October and still have numbness and some odd sensations from the nerve block. I also experienced several weeks of abdominal pain from the Heparin shot in my stomach.