Options
JCMac925
JCMac925 Member Posts: 1 *

Hi, just diagnosed in June with stage 3 B cell lymphoma. Have undergone 3 r chop so far but this last one has been different. I have never felt so tired and anxious. I’ve gone thru two kidney transplant and I just worry either the treatment or the cancer will damage my transplant. Is it normal to feel so unbearably tired after the 3rd treatment. I got at least 3 more to go and I’m worried it’s just going to get worse.

Comments

• PBL
    PBL Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited August 2022 #2
    Options

Hello JCMac, and welcome to the club you'd rather not be a member of.

I had 6 R-CHOP in 2016 and can confirm that it is no walk in the park. Increasing side effects and fatigue is also to be expected. However, you should not hesitate to inform your medical team of any developments in terms of symptoms - and especially since you are also dealing with other significant medical issues.

I am sure they will pay attention and work to reassure you and provide support as needed to help you through this rough spot.

PBL

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear this. I would suppose that a possible good side effect is that you compromised immune system will not be able to fight the transplant. The cancer treatment is, in essence, immune suppression and that is the same method used to prevent rejection. Honestly, this "could be" a blessing in disguise. Fatigue? Oh yeah. You have been through much and have more ahead of you. It is a storm that you are passing through - you do not remain in the storm. So, you could look at it as a cruise on rough seas, but the island vacation is on the other side of the storm. And, let's face it: you are strong because you are a survivor. Just listen as your body speaks to you and never be afraid to take naps!