Breast Cancer Workup

Options
asauce26
asauce26 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi everyone! So I was diagnosed with non-small cell adenocarcinoma of the lower left lung (Stage 1b) in March 2020. I had a lobectomy and four rounds of adjuvant chemo. I have scans every six months now and so far everything has been okay, no evidence of new disease. So my gyn recently referred me for a mammo/ultrasound due to something they felt during my pap/breast exam. I had these done on 8/3 and the results revealed I needed a biopsy. I had that done 8/11. The office said I should receive a preliminary report in 3-5 business days, then a finalized report in 10-14 days. Does this sound right for a breast cancer workup? I realize that every imaging center/lab probably has different timelines but the suspense is killing me. I can’t help but have some PTSD over waiting to hear about the lung cancer and then for it be positive as a NON-SMOKER. I will never forget the word spiculated from that initial chest CT. My mammo used words like: pleomorphic, microcalcifications, posterior glandular margin, closely grouped…but another area showed calcifications were middle to posterior depth but more loosely groups/laterally layered. I can’t help to think my lung cancer spread or maybe it really started in my breast and they missed it? Not sure if this even makes sense but any advice is appreciated. What are the odds of having two kinds of cancer at 36?! :(

Comments