Reproductive cancer concerns

Options
8675309mj
8675309mj Member Posts: 20 Member
edited August 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I’m new here and have been reading the posts which are helpful. I’m facing increasing concerns over my period abruptly stopping after 2 days and never passing clots anymore- as soon as the bleeding stops I feel like my abdomen is gonna burst and severe nausea. Complete exhaustion after working hospital shifts etc.. I’ve been to gyne and they did vag ultrasound which was odd- they couldn’t pass the probe due to severe pain. They had me press on my abdomen very hard to move something out of the way- what?? We’ll they said everything was normal- I my farted my doctor and he said it’s normal- didn’t consider my symptoms unusual. Fast forward 5 mos and things are worse- I bled all the old clots out for 1 month and went back to regular periods again but with that odd stopping flow after 2 days. Ughhh so horrible- no sex no tampons- stange mucous discharge. I mean it’s horrid- and what’s worse is I can’t explain this to one more doctor- super humiliating! I’m feeling like I’m destined to die young because nobody cares. It’s been going on one year- and getting worse. Is there a network of doctors that will see patients and order scans for patients that fell through the cracks? I’m a caregiver fir a special needs child too- so I’m not great with placing myself first- but I feel so bad. Please recommend a place to order scans other than the ER- or as I said a network of doctors who will listen to symptoms described by patient.

Comments

• 8675309mj
    Options

I meant to say I my charted my doctor not farted 😳 😂 I needed that laugh though.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

It sounds like you don't trust your doctor. I would get a new gynecologist. You could also make an appointment with your family doctor. Your symptoms can be other than Gyne problems. Be your own advocate. Good luck.

Sue

• 8675309mj
    Options

Thank you Sue- you are right I dint trust my gyne doctor. I agree it could be something else. The exhaustion i get is staggering.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

I agree with Sue, not only doesn't sound like you don't trust your gyn, but more importantly they don't seem to care! You might have to tell your story (it is not embarrassing) a few more times - don't worry about it - demand some answers to find out what it going on.

• 8675309mj
    Options

I know I’m very surprised they dint seem to care. It’s so arrogant to walk in a room, have a patient tell you private things, and walk out and do nothing. It’s one thing if there are no answers but not even trying. No blood tests, urine samples, or follow up on a botched ultrasound. Abnormal pap etc… I just don’t get it. 2 different Gyn doctors and a woman’s health Dr. At UCSF medical center as well. This woman’s health clinic is supposed to have awards etc.. When I had my daughter there they swore up and down I peed on myself when my water broke at home with meconium. The other guy I saw said I was in perimenopause- but no hot flashes or other symptoms- not a missed period except pregnancy since age 13. Women in my family go through menopause at age 53-54.

My question is this… do I just keep trying to randomly find Gyn doctors and keep trying? Do I not tell them everything? Maybe I’m explaining this the wrong way. I have emotional trauma from my childhood so at times I’m like- maybe I’m making this up?? 😂 then I’m like ok- I’d love to agree with these people- and put my head in the sand- I’m very busy anyways. BUT every month I gave the same clutching horrid experience of trapped blood.

Has anyone heard of a place patients can to get a CT scan without having to beg a doctor to listen? I’ve been looking for a body scan center on the west coast.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I’ve had two incidents of post-menopausal bleeding. I know that I was older than you are right now, but I wanted to share my experience. In both instances, my PCP ordered the initial ultrasound and sent me to a gynecologist. The gynecologists generally want to start with an endometrial biopsy, which they can do in their office. However, I wasn’t able to tolerate that procedure and they immediately switched to scheduling a D&C hysteroscopy.

My first D&C found a benign polyp, which once removed, stopped the vaginal bleeding I was having. The second D&C nine years later did find cancer. But only after that finding did I get a pre-surgery CT-scan.

The D&C hysteroscopy is far more definitive than an endometrial biopsy since the gynecologist can look for abnormalities inside the uterus and take good samples. And, as was the case in my first D&C, the doctor may be able to remove non-cancerous polyps or fibroids during that procedure that resolves the problem.

So rather than trying to get someone to order a CT-scan right now, I recommend pushing to have a D&C/hysteroscopy first. There doesn’t seem to be the same hesitation to order that procedure and it can be very informative or even curative as I found with my first D&C.

• 8675309mj
    Options

Thanks for your comment- you guys are so kind to take the time. I’m puzzled why a surgical procedure would be recommended before a CT scan- it’s so invasive. So many added risks with anesthesia- and you cannot do a hysteroscopy without general anesthesia- Im completely traumatized by vaginal ultrasounds after the last one I’d rather die I’m not kidding. The guy that did it was horrible. So there is no way I’d get an endometrial biopsy awake. You cannot see the vaginal canal fully with all the folds- what if there is a simple cyst blocking things that is buried in the folds? I’m not impressed with gyne after all these years. So many things happen with invasive procedures and anesthesia- I know cause I’m a professional in this field. It’s part of why this situation scares me. What if there was something bigger happening and they caused a bigger problem by doing an invasive procedure without knowing what’s inside?

if anyone knows of a gyne doctor in SF Bay Area that listens let me know.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

I saw your post on the ovarian board and didn’t know this was here… so sorry!

You have already done what I suggested!

😎, A

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

My situation was not the same as yours, but my gyn started with an ultrasound. It was not invasive at all and pointed her to an area she wanted to biopsy. That little pinch they warned me of hurt like heck and when it came back positive for cancer I was then referred to a gyn-onc. My first ct scan was ordered prior to my hysterectomy as part of the surgery protocol. Since you are in the field you probably know ct scans expose you to radiation so maybe that is why they are reluctant to schedule one? That said, I don't think you want to convince yourself that you are making this up. You have real symptoms that are irregular and need to be addressed.

Jan

• 8675309mj
    Options

I think the nature of my issue is so uncomfortable the ultrasound I did once already months ago was traumatic- the prune could not advance and met resistance- so I question the validity of the test- but I was t able to get a fixture who ordered the test to respond to my inquiry. An awkward way to solve this I know but I’m at a loss.

• 8675309mj
    Options

I meant I wasn’t able to get a response to my question about the test from the doctor and how poorly it went.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

867530mj, is there anyone you can take with you to the doctors office who can help take notes or act as a second set of ears? It is all overwhelming and all you really are looking for are answers. Maybe you can list out your questions and call to office? I find that the office staff usually is very helpful.

I hope you get some answers.