SUV uptake numbwrs

Maryellen5
Maryellen5 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2022 in Liver Cancer #1

Hi I am a 10 year breast cancer survivor. Back in April I had a CT of my abdomen for diverticulitis which also showed liver cysts. This led to an MRI of the liver which showed liver cysts as well. That led to an endoscopy which showed nothing and then a liver biopsy which was inconclusive because they didn’t get enough tissue sample. This led to a PET scan 6 days after the liver biopsy. The SUV on the Pet Scan also showed liver cysts ( which I have had for at least 15 years) and an uptake of 7.2 suv. Now my oncologist is setting me up for a laparoscopic liver biopsy to figure out what if anything is wrong. I am so frustrated. He said I appear healthy, blood work is fine, no weight loss, and am a daily walker and have had no other issues since my breast cancer treatment in 2013.

I am wondering if the SUV was higher, 7.2 because I had just had a liver biopsy 5 days earlier. My oncologist says it is concerning but can’t say it’s cancer because the number is above normal but not screaming high and otherwise I have no symptoms and am healthy at 74 years.

Is it possible to have a false positive on a PET scan from simply inflammation.

Thank you for your responses.