Bug Bites

Options
GGc0ok
GGc0ok Member Posts: 54 Member

I’ve had over the summer bug bites that turn into a blister that takes several days to go away. I’ve read that those diagnosed with Lymphoma/Leukemia are more susceptible to these types of reactions. I’ve had a bite/blister on my left outside ankle for maybe 4 days or so. Before turning into a blister it was very red itchy and burning. I’ve also read do not break blister wash with soap and water cover with band-aid. The blister burst this am so I washed it with soap and water then put bacitracin on it and a band-aid. Followed by a shower and by the time I got out of the shower it had filled up again. Well it burst once again this afternoon. I then repeated what I had done this am. Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? Besides spraying myself. I take B12.

Thank you

GG

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

Hmmm. Sounds like an ask the doctor question. I have not had such an occurrence. Conversely, I received a biological inhibitor class drug for 5 years. During that time, I had zero bites. I observed mosquitoes and (in Central America) zancudos land on my skin, remain a second or two, then fly away without biting. Apparently, some of the biological drug was excreted via my pores and it was somehow repellent to the insects. Very curious.

Now, the B vitamins have a characteristic aroma. It may be possible that some of the B vitamins are excreted via the pores in your skin and this may be an attractant? However, that should not have an effect on the degree to which your skin reacts to bites. An allergist or dermatologist may be able to shed some light on this. I hope that you get some relief!

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 903 Member
    edited August 2022 #3
    Options

I have a similar issue. “clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate” cream helps me. Its actually is for psoriasis but helps my allergic reaction to bites some. Not a perfect solution but it does help. It is by prescription only. Good luck.

I wear long pants, lightweight long sleeve t-shirts and put skin so soft lotion on my hands and neck. Prevention is the best cure.