Does anyone get tired of being tired?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Try to get a copy of The Breast Cancer Treatment Book by Judy C. Kneece, RNC. It has exercises and just about everything else you need to know about breast cancer. I'm sorry the team at the cancer center where you were going weren't much help. Hoping you can find a center near you and will be more dedicated. Prayers continuing for your recovery!

Also about a job...my cancer center told me about help that they had available from the American Cancer Society for patients that needed help financially. They gave me some gas cards, as I was driving from 30 miles away like you. Also you can apply for Medicaid and if you are approved for that, your hospital may have additional help they can give you. They sent me an application for help, but they said you have to get what the state offers first. So far we haven't qualified for Medicaid but I know it's there if things get worse. I hope this helps.

• Truckincrazy1
    Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options

When I go back to work, I'll lose my Medicaid, income limit is 13k a year and I need more then that to live off on. I just keep trying and know that God has a plan. I'm just dealing with lots of anxiety, weeping and other issues. Although my strength is much better now, I feel pressured to catch up on 6 months of my life that was neglected during treatment if that makes any sense.

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

It does make sense. But God always waits until the exact last minute to provide, and I think that is so we will learn to trust him. If you don't use a devotional, I recomment Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I have used it for years, and it always has just what I need to hear that day. Amazing how that works!

• debj553
    debj553 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I am so tired of this new version of me...its everything I never wanted to be. sick...alone...afraid...weak...bald. I long fir the me that was healthy and able to dress up and look good. the person who was at the gym 2 hours every day. the person who socialized and smiled. I would love to have a companion who understands how I feel to walk thru this trial with me. feel so alone and isolated

• Truckincrazy1
    Options

Hun, I was where you were 2 months ago. Don't feel isolated. You can send me a pm here. I can't share FB messenger info here, a few of us chat there. It's easier then waiting for a post to show up in email. You will feel better each day. Get outside, even to just sit in the sun. We all understand, that's why we are here. Do you have a oncology therapist to speak to about feelings and your fears? I have a great social worker that helps me. I still struggle with socializing some, it was difficult at first, I even cried the first two times. I joined and art group and almost didn't go this Thursday but I made my self go anyway. You are healthy, you survived. Get dressed, put on make up. You want to go to the gym? Then go even if its for 30 minutes. You are still you. Is there a support group your doctors can recommend? You are not alone!

• Truckincrazy1
    Options

I do have that book and even a better one, I hear his whisper.

• Mickey11
    Mickey11 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Uhh, I was told that immediately upon being diagnosed, we're qualified for SSi (disability). So, if you're not already getting that, you are probably entitled to it retroactive to your D. date. Depending on your abilities, I'm surprised you're not being offered jobs. Every place is asking for help. I often tell them I want to be paid to fill out the application.

• angelas01
    angelas01 Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Mickey, I agree with getting paid to fill out the application. It took me a while to complete it, almost a month. I need to push myself to exercise. I'm not thriving for energy as needed and need to get out more.

• thelazyaranch4
    thelazyaranch4 Member Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Hi all:) I just recently received my first disability payment. Apparently there is a 5 month wait from date of disability to first payment. At least I will have some sort of income coming in after loosing my job because of all of this.

I have already been through 10 taxol / carbo, 4 rounds of keytruda, lumpectomy and now getting 4 rounds of a/c along with keytruda for a year and 20 rounds of radiation after chemo. I am beyond tired of being tired!! I try to walk daily weather permitting and do what I can around the house but get very worn out quickly. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated:)