Breast Cancer

Options
Brightness12
Brightness12 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I was just recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer in May 2022. I have had 3 treatments so far and it seems like I keep getting all the side effects there is. I feel completely overwhelmed and I fight the urge to want to scream and cry 10 times per day. Also, does anyone know how to the change the "User Name"? I went into Edit but the user name is greyed out.

Comments

• ExcellentTrouble321
    ExcellentTrouble321 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

It's OK to scream and/or cry and feel all the feels.

I do not know how to change user name. Sorry.

• Brightness12
    Options

I’m tired of feeling scared all the time. I’m tired of having all these symptoms of chemo and I’m even tired of this port in my chest! Do you know how to get the metal taste out of your mouth?

• thecwordsucks
    thecwordsucks Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I’m so sorry for everything you’re dealing with. I was just diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2022. I’m terrified and breaking down all the time. I’ve always been such a strong woman but this is about to break me. I’m hoping to get some reassurance they this is not only me and hopefully assistance in handling these feelings from the time I wake up until I eventually go to sleep

• Brightness12
    edited August 2022 #5
    Options

• Brightness12
    Options

I am so sorry for your diagnosis. I know it feels completely overwhelming and it’s hard to think of anything else. I just had my 4th treatment yesterday and it still feels unreal even as I am forced to look at myself in the mirror with very little hair. I have crying spells and I never know when it’s going to happen and they don’t last long because I have to much to do. I am still working full time too. At times I feel like it’s breaking me but I realize that I am not BROKEN but just BENT for now! You can do this. You are NOT alone. Keep me posted.

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I had very bad side effects from chemo. I was so sick I wanted to die. But I just hung on and prayed and it was over eventually. My cancer was rare and aggressive, so they started me on the strongest chemo (Doxyrubicin) at the beginning. I also had Taxol and it was not quite as bad. I was given pills for nausea and Magic Mouthwash for my mouth sores. I also used an over the counter anti-diarrheal which also worked well. My port is still in and I have finished chemo in early April, had a lumpectomy in May, and finished radiation about a month ago. I don't know how long it will stay in, but it doesn't bother me much because I'm used to it. I have to get it flushed out every six weeks, which takes about five minutes. They gave me a book called The Breast Cancer Treatment Handbook by Judy C. Kneese, RN, OCN that tells you just about everything you need to know about all types of breast cancer; it was a great help to me. As far as the metal taste, I never had that , although my taste did change. The nutritionist at your cancer center should be able to tell you foods you can eat that may not taste like that. I could not do dairy at all, but now I can. Prayers for you, dear lady and all the best! I don't know how to change the user name.

• sarahhole
    sarahhole Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Im new here cuz i just found out that i have breast cancer sept 1,22 and im not taking the news at all im still in shock and im get the in port in soon . i am also scared and when i was reading im thinking omg no plz not this

• sarahhole
    sarahhole Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

How do u deal with it cuz im losing some of my hair and i do have some good and bad days that im not crying over my hair

• thecwordsucks
    thecwordsucks Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I was advised by my oncologist that’s there’s only one oral medication I can take for my type of breast cancer. I’ve started it and stopped taking it twice. The side effects are absolutely horrible. I’ve been so delirious I don’t even know my name. Im just stopping all of my treatments.

• Sunny5
    Options

I am always sorry to hear of anyone diagnosed with cancer of any kind. I was diagnosed in December a week after a devastating tornado wiped out 75% of our town. Our house was damaged but fixable. I had my port put in December 23rd and started chemo December 27th. My cancer was triple negative, rare, and aggressive, so they started me out on the most aggressive chemo. I had seven rounds of chemo, a lumpectomy, and radiation (19 treatments). I lost all my hair, but now I am cancer free. Medicine has come such a long way in a few years. Yes, you will have side effects, lose your hair, but hang in there because it does pass. My last chemo was April 5th and my hair has grown back; it's not long but doesn't look that bad. I was happy not to have to fool with fixing it! Get you a cute wig (sometimes the hospital will give you one). I wore scarves most of the time. I hope they have given you a breast cancer handbook so you can read all about it and know what to expect. I pray you have a great oncology dr. and team. I don't know if you are a believer in God, but I know that He carried me every step of the way, and I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted! Sunny

• Sunny5
    Options
  • Moonlightsharon
    Moonlightsharon Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I lost my hair completely after my first chemo. I had my first chemo on a Wednesday and by Saturday I was bald. At first, it was rough. I went to the look better feel better and they gave me my first wig plus make up. It helped. I had that metal taste and I couldn't eat anything. All my nutrition had to be liquids. My mouth hurt so bad I couldn't brush my teeth with a normal toothbrush. I had to use those sponge type sticks to clean my teeth and gums. It does get better. I had my port removed a year and half after I had it put in. Now I had to have it put back in 2 weeks ago because my veins keep blowing on my left side and can't have any needles or blood pressure cuff on my right due to lymph nodes being removed during my lumpectomy. Good luck.