Constant fatigue, tired of being tired.

Truckincrazy1
Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 95 Member
edited August 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I am now almost 4 weeks post 20 radiation treatments. My legs are tired, nurse informed me by week 6 I should feel better. I try walking, cleaning, cooking and rest in between. Diet isn't the best. I tried at first but I'm so sick of chicken and turkey. I don't feel like cooking, tired of soups, tried frozen dinners, bored with protein drink.

Does anyone have any suggestions, PLEASE!

Comments

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member

A few more weeks will make a big difference. Hang in there. Do your best to fuel your body with food designed to rebuild your immune system! And having some ice cream now and then doesn't hurt!

Try taking short walks several times a day. If you make it around the block it is progress. If. you legs are tired do some upper body exercises and try stretching. Sorry you are having problems figuring out what to eat. How about yogurt, nuts or eggs?

I made the decision to do everything I could to be healthy. For me that meant eating a plant based diet and drinking smoothies made with oat milk and berries ( best fruit for you body). I added 1/4 tsp turmeric to my diet to help reduce any remaining inflammation. I also drink green tea every day. It is not my favorite but the polyphenols in it are supposed to inhibit growth of cancer cells

Exercise was so difficult at first but doing a little more each day was helpful. Adding meditation was great to calm the memories of treatment that kept going through my mind. You Tube has a lot of short Healing Meditation videos to start with.

I am 3 years out from a diagnosis and treatment very similar to yours. It does get better. I thank my lucky starts to be where I am now. I am stronger and healthier than ever and plan on staying that way.

I am so determined not to go through breast cancer again that I am doing everything I can to be healthy. Keep plugging along I promise you things will improve slowly!

• Truckincrazy1
    Truckincrazy1 Member Posts: 95 Member

Thank you so much. Everyone keeps telling me it will get better. I had a major melt down over the weekend, mice had gotten into my closet and I got so angry at my room mate, (70 year old man) he just sat there and did nothing. I cried, I was furious, I made myself sore pulling every thing out of the closet. I erupted emotionally, I was angry at God. I was shaking with anger. Yesterday I was exhausted from crying and sore, and then by evening I always feel better. I am trying to walk, I did laundry all day yesterday, you have no idea how much mess mice can make, the emotions, finding photos of my babies and family and thank God they weren't damaged. My adult girls pretty much don't even talk to me, not even a pm in FB, not one, hey mom how are you doing. They just think, the cancer is gone, jump back into life. I see a therapist and will see the oncology social worker Tuesday. I will try some green tea, I have been drinking ginger ale today, upset tummy. Thank you so much for your reply. I usually get support from here and I am grateful for you encouragement. I just didn't know the ending of this journey was going to be the hardest part.

Terri