Her 2 +

datorres
datorres Member Posts: 1 *
edited August 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi new here from NC. Have Her2+ breast cancer. Right now going to UNC woman’s cancer hospital in chapel Hill NC. Have had one chemo infusion and came home with a side serving of Covid....Was thinking of transferring the rest of my treatments to UNC Rex wake forest nc. My question is does anyone have knowledge about there care at either place??? I feel UNC chapel Hill is not that great the way things have gone so far.....

Comments

• srmartin411
    srmartin411 Member Posts: 2 Member

Sweetie I can only tell you to follow your gut feelings ask questions, learn everything you can about you type of cancer and advocate for yourself. After all, you have just entered the fight for your life and I have learned that knowledge is power and will help you survive. This journey isn't easy there will be times that... well, they are difficult at best. But there is hope, Take your families and friends offers to help you with gratitude and gracefully accept them. Plan now for when you're weak, (it will come) make freezer meals easy nutrient rich foods that pack a lot into small quantities. Eat a LOT of fruits and vegetables. Note* Bananas replace potassium, buy foods high in magnesium too these levels tend to drop duringchemotreatments.) And, start delegating chores, buy warm and super soft joggers and zip up hoodies, avoid tight clothes and buttons get a pair of crocs to slip on your feet and soft socks. It might sound crazy but get a heated blanket chemo makes you cold. Get 3-4 bandana head-wraps, probably won't need more than that to start. Make room in your freezer for ice cream and Popsicles 😉 and always know that you are not alone..swallow your pride and lean on your friends and all of us because now is not the time to show how stubborn and independent we all can be. We're all in the same lifeboat trying to survive our journey through cancer, we all have experienced the sadness, anger, disbelief and shock that goes with the dx. But remember, Individually we are strong, but together we are invincible. God bless 🙏