Duodenal Cancer 2022

aytsoi22
aytsoi22 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2023 in Rare and Other Cancers #1

Dear all,

I know this is a super rare cancer but i'm eager to know for anyone's recent experience in dealing with Duodenal Cancer after Whipple Surgery. My dad, 73 was diagnosed of Stage 3 Duodenal Cancer in May 2021. He completed Whipple and 12 rounds of FOLFOX chemo, CA 19.9 recently marks at 27, and with recurrence this June at Pre-aortic lymph node. He had surgery right away to remove the this newly found tumour and recovering. Can't believe recurrence would occur in just 6 months post Chemo. I wonder what we should do next? Doc did not suggest further chemo as he is too old, advised we should actively monitor his developments.

I really want to know what could happen next? any chance of surviving through it for more than 2 years?

Appreciate for any thoughts, thank you .

Comments

• DCS
    DCS Member Posts: 9 Member

That’s so scary however he’s had 2 surgeries and chemo so that gives him a good chance you would have to discuss with his oncologist for what’s next I am 68 and on my first chemo round for stage 3A after my modified whipple and have no idea what the future holds and I’m grateful for everything and everyone in my life Good thoughts to you