Fat Necrosis on Kidney

Options
HydrangeaBlue
HydrangeaBlue Member Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

I have been followed for possible renal cell cancer for 3 years. I had Breast Cancer dx in 2019 and prior to Chemo starting, a mass on my right Kidney was discovered, very small, but needed to be looked at before chemo for BC could start. Tumor board reviewed everything, said go ahead with chemo and between chemo and radiation, come back. I did that and set up a surgery for Biopsy and Ablation of Mass following Radiation (about 8 weeks later).

Had the biopsy and ablation. Only a small amount of tissue was recovered for biopsy and it showed benign neoplasm. Yea! I have had a CT scan and CT enhanced scan of lower abdomen and chest every six months since 2020. Until the last one, all have been A-OK. Last one shows a mass of "bubbles" with one that protruded off the kidney into the air space between Kidney and Liver that measured 1.2 cm. Yes, very small, but over the 1 cm mark, so it was "worrisome". Scans were again sent to Tumor Board and they came back with a Fat Necrosis on the Kidney in the area of ablation and a repeat CT enhanced and un-enhanced scan in 3 months.

I can find lots of info about Fat Necrosis in the breast area (which I DO NOT HAVE) but I can find very little about Fat Necrosis on the Kidney Surface.

Anyone with any knowledge or insight into this?