Ketogenic Diet for cancer

paTtyGETweLL
paTtyGETweLL Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Is there anyone that uses a ketogenic diet for cancer treatment along with chemotherapy to lessen the side effects? I'm 66, was diagnosed with stage III serous ovavian cancer. I surgery to remove the cysts, ovaries and fallopian tubes removed. I had already had a hysterectomy. I had a port for chemotherapy installed yesterdayand haven't received treatments yet. I would appreciate your feedback on using this diet.

Thank you. 🙂

Comments

• donaldgene148
    donaldgene148 Member Posts: 1 Member

Yes! 67 year old wife had stage III uterine cancer. Got her on ketogenic diet, kept carbs under 25. Treatment was successful. Keto helped protect healthy cells while improving effectiveness of standard chemo treatment. Ton of research/trials on this effect. Also did water fast during day of chemo treatment. Very effective for her. Avoid sugar and heavily processed foods and grains. Stay in faith and be calm.

• paTtyGETweLL

Thank you so much for your response. I've been reading a lot about it's effectiveness. I appreciate the fasting info also. I've been keto for one and a half years so sugar and grains aren't in the picture, thank God. Thanks for your encouragement also. 🙂

• KatieBird
    KatieBird Member Posts: 4 Member

Can you leave more information on water fast?

• KatieBird
    KatieBird Member Posts: 4 Member

I had my first Chemo yesterday. Thanks.

• paTtyGETweLL

I had my second chemo treatment last Monday. I haven't had the nausea and vomiting that I was warned of at all because of the therapy keto diet I'm on. The only side effects I have had are hair loss and fatigue for about a week afterwards. I have not fasted on chemo days as the authors suggest in the books I've read, but I have ketones over 2.5 most of time and I'm always in ketosis. I eat a very low carb, low protein and high fat protein sparing keto diet.

• larcon3922
    larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member
  • paTtyGETweLL

I've read three books on using a theraputic ketogenic diet for cancer. The most useful one for me is Keto for Cancer by Mariam Kalamian. I've learned that cancer is a metabolic disease and that 95% of all cancers can be improved through this type of diet. The other books are The Metabolic Approach to Cancer by Nisha Winters and Fight Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet by Ellen Davis. I hope this helps you. 🙂