Hidden Scar Breast Cancer Surgery

Options
catlady2
catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
edited July 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi All, I have been reading posts on this sight and have not yet seen this addressed. If you are about to undergo a lumpectomy for breast cancer, ask about the hidden scar breast cancer surgery. I am so fortunate that my surgeon was trained in this technique. When I look at my breast I see no evidence that I have had breast cancer and a lumpectomy. What a wonderful boost to my mental health to not see a reminder every time I look in the mirror. I have seen some horrendous "after" photos of women who will have a constant reminder when they look in the mirror. Not every case is eligible for this type of surgery, but why not ask?

This site gives some great information on this type of surgery along with a searchable database of surgeons in your area trained in this technique. : https://breastcancersurgery.com/breast-surgery/hidden-scar/

Wishing you peace! I am grateful to be part of such a caring and helpful community.

Comments

• ExcellentTrouble321
    ExcellentTrouble321 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Oh interesting. Thanks for this post. I'm sure it will be helpful. I've been told that due to the location, mine will not be able to be hidden. But, I'm happy for others who can!!