H&N Related Inspiring Woman and Related Trach & Ventilator Informational Videos

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
edited July 2022 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hello all you H&N folks. I hope everyone is doing the best they possibly can. I was helping a friend search for information on trachs the other day when I ran into a young woman who has had perplexing illnesses and has now ended up using a trach and ventilator. Her enthusiasm and bright spirit are uplifting despite the major shift in her life situation and goals and the fact that she was studying to be a doctor means her knowledge and advice are top-notch. She also shares in this video that it was not all easy as she has had her struggles very much and also depression and problems. But she has generally gotten many things worked out and is an inspiration.

This is very much H&N-related and may help someone, and I surely hope it does. I myself on my last hospital stay and surgery ended up leaving the hospital with a trach for several months. I also know of one other on here that has a permanent trach, but there could be others. I also learned from watching it that many people on a ventilator only need one for a period of time each day and can then disconnect and go about their business. Time length varies for this by person and situation. Her goal is to have a very active youtube channel and help as many people as she can when faced with this or similar things like a trach. A very intelligent woman, she graduated first in her high school class and college class. She is helpful and inspiring and shows the strength of every human spirit we all have in us.

Here is a video of her story--

And here is her channel link--in which she covers many aspects such as trach myths, travel, swimming, maintenance, etc. Don't forget to click on the videos tab here as it then lists the videos only if it helps you to look at the list that way.

And this lady is certainly busy helping others and posting and running her channel but I found she has another channel she also runs and does a blog and a Facebook page.

Here is a link to her other channel she maintains--

Here is the link to her Facebook page--

https://www.facebook.com/Life-with-a-Vent-113121960609175

I hope you all enjoy this inspiring woman's story and the path she has chosen to help others who may be dealing with a trach, or ventilator, or a chronic illness.

Wishing You All the Best

Take care, God Bless-Russ