New Dx

DAA
DAA Member Posts: 1 *

Hello - I am a new member as I found out yesterday I have endometrial cancer stage 3C1. Still have to have a CT to confirm it has not spread outside the pelvis. As I am sure everyone was I’m scared. Any advice for the road ahead. Thank you

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 1,010 Member

Welcome DAA. So sorry to read about your diagnosis. It is a scary time, as we all know. I think it is good to talk to women who have experienced what you are. First, reading online studies. Many of them are. out of date and they didn't. used to completely stage women so are inaccurate. We have several women here who are years out from the stage you have. Hopefully your scans will be clear. Waiting is very hard. I found going someplace new was a great diversion. Something about familiar places kept my anxiety level up. You can read about the experiences of other women who have had the treatment you will no doubt need. There are lots of good tips to make the experience better. If you are happy with your doctor great, if not get. a second opinion. Doctors do not mind that. Come here with your questions.

Sue