Interesting COVID article

Comments

• duckhead
    duckhead Member Posts: 19 Member

Thanks for posting the article, ShadyGuy.

Having to deal with Covid has been a frustrating experience for many in the general population but especially for those battling blood cancers.

I find it frustrating due to the lack of definitive and authoritative information out there on Covid when it comes to people like us. I just wish my doctor or someone could tell me what would likely happen if I catch Covid, i.e. my odds of dying or being seriously incapacitated to put it bluntly. I’d very much like to get back to some semblance of normalcy such as eating out, traveling and simply just carrying on as close to normal as I can without being in constant fear of what would happen if I had contracted Covid.

On a related note, I am keeping an eye on my blood counts to see if they are improving and trending in the right direction. My last CBC 6 weeks following completion of chemo remained quite low in most categories especially platelet, WBC, abs. lymphocytes, abs. neutrophils which are indicative of my immunity level. My next CBC will be in a month and if they are improving ( fingers crossed), I am really tempted to do some traveling and get back to living a somewhat normal life, Covid or not.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member
    edited July 2022 #3

I think COVID is a moving target - constantly mutating. Virus’ normally evolve into less deadly forms. This may be because they benefit from having their hosts stay alive. Our president has had all four “vaccinations”, the best of care and still has COVID. Vaccines, fist bumps and masks did not seem to protect him. Lets just hope he survives this. It will show us, anecdotally at least, if the “vaccines” will help prevent serious illness in people like him who are at advanced age and have serious co-morbidities. My son is a young man - half Biden’s age - with no known co-morbidities. Despite having all four shots and taking great care of exposure he has had covid twice. He was luckily never hospitalized though he was quite ill for a week. His small children have had it but were asymptomatic - would never have known had they not been tested. His spouse who was with them constantly never tested positive. Go figger! Despite my co morbidity (FNHL in semi-remission) I am not taking the 4th shot and wear a mask only where required. I am very careful about getting close to others. So far no COVID for me or my wife. Good luck all! The old native American saying “wolves do not normally eat unlucky deer, they eat the weak ones” seems to apply to COVID.