AML Relapse Question

beaniewoo
beaniewoo Member Posts: 1 *
edited July 2022 in Leukemia #1

Hi Everyone,

My husband was diagnosed with AML on 12/23/202. He had a BMT on 3/9/2021. He had quite a bit of complications including possible lung GVHD. The reason I said possible is because he had Covid at the beginning of the this year. He is on Prednisone to keep his lung conditions stablized. He was on oxygen for a while and he has some lung damages. Yesterday his doctor confirmed my husband has relapse. His blasts level is going up very fast, from 23% to 35% within a day. WBC is still normal but platelets counts are going down to 126. He will go to the hospital for more test next week. While we are waiting, I just wonder if anyone here who has similar experience can give me some advice.? Anyone here has any successful stories of beating the odds? I know I am sounding like in denial. I just want to try best to help my husband by any counts. Thank you all in advance for your time and kind support.

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,497 Member

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like he went into intensive chemo and then allo transplant? Has he been offered a clinical trial?