Sad news about Dak82

cmb
cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
edited August 2022 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I’m sorry to report that our dear friend, Dak82, passed away on June 12, 2022. Even after retiring from a very distinguished career in the U.S. Air Force, she continued to work as a military contractor. She also loved the challenge of participating in endurance sports like triathlons.

She tried more therapies than most of us here, but even her indomitable spirit wasn’t able to prevail in the end. She will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,477 Member

Thank you for letting us know, cmb.

Such an incredible warrior! She is such an inspiration to me and I take a part of all the women here with me.

• TeamT
    TeamT Member Posts: 30 Member

I am so sorry for this news. Dak82 will be very sorely missed. Many sympathies and prayers to her family and loved ones.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 487 Member

We all loved Deb.

I am so grateful that you have confirmed what we knew. It is helpful beyond measure.

Deb (2)

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 209 Member

Very sad news indeed. She was an inspiration and quite the warrior. She will be sorely missed.

Jan

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 388 Member

Yes, cmb, thank you for letting us know ..like Deb 2 said…what we thought we already knew about Deb. It makes me feel terribly sad. She did fight so hard and with so much courage. I’ve been missing her for months.

Did you hear from her family, cmb? Did you find an obituary? I looked at obituaries for the last month in Salt Lake City, but I couldn’t find anything.

love ❤️ to all, A

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,688 Member

Thank you, cmb. It’s hard news to hear but even harder not to know. She will be remembered and missed.

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member

Oh, I'm so sad to see this. We knew she was probably gone, but the finality and certainty of it feel hard. Thanks for letting us know, cmb. I hope her last days and hours had no suffering.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

So sad to hear this. As always, thanks CMB for letting us know. Prayers to the family