A mom with breast cancer for the second time.

emily_maynard11
emily_maynard11 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2022 in Caregivers #1

My momma was diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time after being rushed to hospital because she couldn’t breathe. She’s on a type of steroids that make her very emotional, and angry, and make her cry a lot and it’s really difficult to deal with sometimes because she gets so upset. The first time she had cancer was when I was 13 and I am now 23, 24 the 1st of July and I feel like… I handled it better then. She says I don't know how she feels or understand what she’s going through , and I know I don’t. But when I tell her that she needs to try to move, because she is moving muscle mass and I want her to be healthy, she gets mad at me. I’d never do anything to hurt my momma. I love her more than anything in the world. I’m just so frustrated and angry and afraid. I don’t know what to do or say, and I feel alone and like I can’t breathe. I’m falling apart.

Comments

• MamaLadyWolf
    MamaLadyWolf Member Posts: 2 Member

I know exactly how you feel. My Mom is dealing with the same thing. I was 16 the first time and had zero access to help. This time I am 42 and her main caregiver when my step-father isn't home. The anger is sadly normal, but just remember its not you she is angry with but her body. Mom's don't like feeling weak in front of their kids. I have been crying a lot where my mom can't see me, because this time seems harder than last time on us too. Your Not Alone. It will get better and its okay to have every emotion you are.

• hollymolly
    hollymolly Member Posts: 5 *

I guess you need to tell her exactly what you wrote here : how much you love here and how much you want here to get better.