HPV+

Options
SuzJ
SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
edited January 2023 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

So we tell everyone, "get the vaccination, you wont get HPV+ cancer.

BUT, your chances of making it with HPV- are substantially less than if HPV+ (30-50 as opposed to 90 - full cure)

So really, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't

Comments

• Stronggbow
    Stronggbow Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Correct, HPV caused oral cancer is much more treatable than non HPV oral cancer. So you aren't as damned if you do, but more damned if you don't get vaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options

Thanks, guys, good to put a reminder out there.

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• Robby67
    Robby67 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Take it from me. Oral and rectal. 30 min for vaccinations is much shorter than 2 years of painful treatment

• bonneville64
    bonneville64 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Tonsil cancer (Stage 4) HPV Negative. Surgery last June followed by radiation (33) and chemo Cisplatin(2). Feeding tube removed last Wednesday. HPV Positive cancer sounds like a "walk in the park". Although I quit cigarette smoking 23 years ago it still managed to "catch up to me". All in all I feel good with my 5 year survival rate. (Whatever the percentage might be) Some help from the Good Lord and a good bit of luck as well. I hope to be around for a good while yet.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options

Bonneville congrats on your treatment and being cancer free. I think you are right the Good Lord was watching over you and when you have him there is no need for luck it is out of the picture.

Wishing You the Best

Take Care God Bless-Russ

• bonneville64
    bonneville64 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank you. All the best to you going forward.

• Robby67
    Robby67 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Great going. I literally laugh off my Dr. Oddly he a year ago apologized to me. I knew not why. But now I do. I think the treatment effects needs to be more explained. I wouldn’t make a different choice. But being blind going in all you have are the Dr eyes.