Lymp node removed but still drainage in armpit

Options
Ummar
Ummar Member Posts: 1 *
edited July 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi

My mom 55 Years old gone through breast cancer surgery couple of months ago where her lymph node was also removed and she faced lyphodema and now recently a cut that has expand upto 4 inches in armpit not healing up. (she dont have diabetes ) 

She has completed her Chemotherapy and Radiation as well.

Fluid with bad smell appears daily basis and similar wound appeared on her same side of shoulder(backside) that is not healing please guide what it is and what measures should we take?

Oncologist suggested, just clean wound in armpit with pyodine and keep it clean.

Now a bubble kind of abscess also appear on her hand with lyphodema.

Not sure if i can post images privately here or not?

We are living in Pakistan and here nobody guiding us what to do next.

We are very much worried why its not healing up?

Any help would be appreciated

THAnks

Umar

Comments

• stephaniacan
    stephaniacan Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I am not a doctor myself, but it sounds like her wound site is infected. Some serious antibiotics might be in order (again, I'm not a doctor), but I am very concerned by what you are telling me. In the material I was given by my doctor it said that bad smelling drainage was serious and you should contact your doctor right away. Is there any way to get her to a different doctor? I would do that.

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Call her oncologist as soon as possible . They told me a bad smell means an infection! Please don't put it off. I too have drainage in my breast incision; my surgery was 8 weeks ago. They said it is normal and they want it to drain because it is healing from the inside out. But a smell is NOT! Keep us posted!