Father is pain free now Forever

Options
npatel22526
npatel22526 Member Posts: 42 Member
edited June 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello All,

Yesterday morning my father was relieved at our home from all his pain after fighting the beast for about 3 years , he never feared even when he was told no more treatments 10 days ago. Don't know how he was getting all the strength. It may sounds crazy when I saw him sleeping calmly it felt good , I was sad but i was happy.

I will take some time off the forum, I wasn't super active to begin with but surely will come back soon.

Good luck to all of you.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Bless your heart!

Your love for your father, is why you are at peace with his passing. Sad but happy, sounds counterproductive, but it means that you understand that his time has arrived, and he is now free from the trauma of Cancer.

You will go forward with the memories of a love that will never fade. A love your father had for you, and you for him.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feeling, and letting us know of dad's passing.

Tru

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

My condolences. I am glad you feel peace. Often there is first a flurry of activity, and later time for contemplative thought. I wish you and your family all the best.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm comforted that you're at peace with him being at peace. This stuff has so many ways to 'play out' that are miserable for all involved, that a quiet, gentle passing is a desirable outcome, inspite of the miseries that brought one to this point. Take time for you and the family to deal with the emotions, which if you're anything like me, will ride the spectrum for awhile, days where I was solid to moments when the loss and reality hit hard. It went on much longer than I thought it would, given all the time I felt I was preparing for it. Hang in there...............................Dave

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I am sorry to hear of your fathers passing. Glad it was calm and gentle I dont have to tell you this, for you surely know that your father will always be with you each and every day. Take your time adjusting to this new reality. It will come in waves , sometimes when you least expect it. As they say feel the feels Time helps, too .

all the best to ypu

pam

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    Options

I am very sorry for your loss! His soul is free from a body that caused him pain and suffering. His soul is in heaven now, looking after you, waiting to get the very old you to know everything he missed.

I know exactly how it feels at the beginning. It will get harder and harder in the next weeks and months. I cant tell you when it gets easier. My thoughts are with you.

• vivgrl
    vivgrl Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I am very, very sorry for your loss. I have followed your journey with your dad and am glad that you are at peace, as was he in his final days, and that you got to spend them together.

• npatel22526
    Options

Thank you, we've been through together journey all along.

• npatel22526
    Options

Thank You Tueffel, you are very right, it doesn't get easier especially, as soon as you are out of things to do or ready to go to bed. Luckily my 3 year old daughter is hyper active and is keeping me tired 😄

• npatel22526
    Options

Thank you Pam, yes waves, it brings both the time of Joy and time of "oh what if we had done this instead of that, or was enough done", but slowly accepting that going that route only brings Agony, which would have no effect on what already happened, and we don't if it would have turned out any better.

• npatel22526
    Options

Thanks Dave, I was/am way too emotional to handle this, and was never ready to accept that we would come to this and was constantly looking for The Next option. But through his toughest time in way he prepared me/us. His strength even in his final hours are beyond my understanding but gives me something to work towardsz to try be like him. Finally, we are fortunate enough to have many family/friends around so days are certainly goes by with ease.

• npatel22526
    Options

Thank You and thank you you've been very helpful all along

• npatel22526
    Options

Thank You Tru, as much as horrible this journey way it brought us together and i am happy for that.