6 weeks post chemo. Still no hair regrowth

Options
SHW
SHW Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi. New to forum. Diagnosis very rare ACC Basaloid subtype. They’re treating it as they would for any triple negative breast cancer. I had 4 infusions of Taxotere & Cytoxin spaced 3 weeks apart.

My last treatment was over 6 weeks ago, and I’ve had no fuzz or hair regrowth yet! Is this normal? From what I’ve read I should be seeing something by now!!

I’m very worried!

Comments

• CatShaw
    CatShaw Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Congratulations! I finished my last round 2 weeks ago! I am also eager for my hair to grow back, but I read that it takes 3-6 months for hair to grow back.

• tilla00
    tilla00 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi, I received the same chemo treatment followed by 20 rounds of RT. I loss of of my hair during chemo. However, it started to grow back 5 weeks after finishing chemo. My scalp is almost full covered with hair. Hang in there. It’s coming back!

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I had my last chemo April 5 or 6, forgot which. My hair is starting to grow back, and I can at last get hold of it. LOL Not a lot, but be patient, it's a little soon for yours to grow back. It will happen!

• rocky5210
    rocky5210 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I am having the same treatment. This is my second round with breast cancer...was in remission for 21 years! I wouldn't worry too much about the hair regrowth. I think perhaps everyone and every case is different...and worrying isn't beneficial. You might want to ask your oncologist about it; perhaps some professional input would help alleviate your concerns. 👍🏻