Stage 4 Ovc

Options
Mpmwlsblpsaos
Mpmwlsblpsaos Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I was told 6 treatments, but it wasn't set in stone, of course. I will have my 6th one next month, but now my doctor at Carti is referring me to MD Anderson, which has started all kinds of physical and mental thoughts in my mind. Just thought I would reach out to others in my situation...well, my daughter suggested it.

Comments

• iwanttoenjoylife
    iwanttoenjoylife Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Hi, Sorry about your diagnosis, I wish you the best. I am not in the same situation, but my mind wanders also. Gather what thoughts you have and reach out to the doctor and ask questions. I reach out to my oncologist with an email and get a prompt response and it stops some of my wandering thoughts. I am sure you could even call. Sometimes on the drive home I generate a half dozen questions.

• Mpmwlsblpsaos
    Mpmwlsblpsaos Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I often reach out to friends, family, and my therapist. It has been helping, until I got down to my so called end of treatment because now we are working on prevention. The thought of it reoccurring is something I've tried hard not to think about, but it ain't easy! I do have faith that he will work it out for me though, cause when I was diagnosed January of this year, it had spread w/fluid to my lung, and that has cleared up completely. I really didn't think I was gonna make it then...my doctor either. But, here I am 4 months later, working on prevention.

• iwanttoenjoylife
    iwanttoenjoylife Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Good to talk about it. Hope you all the best