8cm in liver

Options
herrera56
herrera56 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Just was told my cancer in back in my liver two lesions on 8cm and 1 2 cm. My fourth go around. First time posting could use some advice and support. I just turned 50!!! Ready to battle it out again but know things look up hill!!! We’ll do a biopsy next week!!!! Thanks

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Hello, and welcome.

I am so sorry to hear that you have been in and out of this battle four times. I went through it once, and that was bad enough. It is absolutely gut wrenching, and my heart goes out to you.

What can I say, other than we are all here for you, to bolster you along.

Tru

• herrera56
    Options

Thanks!!! Just cant. seem to clear the 4 year hump

jsut have to keep the faith and keep moving

• Soundings
    Soundings Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I’m sorry thst keeps happening. Did you have them resected each time and is there chemo after?

I wonder if something like the HAI pump would be helpful? I don’t know if you have done the Signetera test, that meadures tumor DNA in your blood. That would give a heads-up beforehand, it can “see” much smaller sets of tumor dna cells than a scan.

Colontown (colontown.org) has a Liver Lovers neighborhood. It might be worthwhile to ask there.

• herrera56
    Options

Yes respected them chemo. Got clean cut before and chemo was to be preventative. The do for the info I will look into it

• herrera56
    Options

Resected

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Was it always in your liver - or did it go from colon to liver later?

• herrera56
    Options

Colon to liver

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear you have to battle this stuff again. I was 49 at the initial colectomy of the sigmoid section, then 2 recurrences less than three years apart in the liver, but they did finally catch it, and I'm going on 8 years ned in Sep. One set of Folfox treatments early, than just surgery, hit my avatar/name for any other questions. I hope they nail it down for you completely this time, that counting time, just to be crushed and starting the count over and over, would exhaust the strongest of us. Hang in there...................................................Dave

• herrera56
    Options

Congrats and Thanks we’re hanging in there!! About to start chemo!!! Rough road ahead!! But we’ll hopefully get there

• Soundings
    Soundings Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

My wife just had a recurrence in her liver from her January surgery. She is restarting chemo this week. We’re looking at chemo (adding Vectibix into the chemo mix since her tumor is left-sided) and possible 2nd resection. Also looking into HAI pump and living donor liver transplant.

Sending good vibes 💙💙

• herrera56
    Options

Yes i am on the vectibix as well!!! Just finished my first round this week. I will ge tthe pump as well as long as the tumor shrinks and they can go in and get it out. Good luck stay positive!!!