Kadcyla for targeted BC treatment

Options
AJ2
AJ2 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I've just started Kadcyla infusions for ER+, PR-, HER2+ 1.6cm invasive breast cancer. Though it was stage 1 (they only found a few isolated ca cells in one lymph node during lumpectomy which likely occurred due to the needle biopsy) because of the HER2 status my oncologist suggested this targeted therapy. I'm wondering if anyone has been on Kadcyla and how they did with regard to side effects during and after... So far for me on Monday (first day) I felt a little dizzy and had a slightly elevated temperature of 99-100; Tuesday (second night) I had a slight cough from 9pm - 1am, today (day 3) I was tired - maybe from the sleep disruption from coughing.

Kadcyla is the brand name for Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) a novel antibody–drug conjugate, comprised of a potent cytotoxic drug connected via a stable linker to the anti-HER2 antibody, trastuzumab, thereby primarily targeting chemotherapy delivery to cells overexpressing the HER2 receptor.

Comments

• su1501
    su1501 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I have just had my 66th cycle!! of Kadcyla, and I've had very few side effects, certainly no serious ones, and it's still working very well for me. Hopefully, it will continue to. I've been on 3 or 4 other kinds of chemo and this one definitely has fewer side effects than any other- for me anyway. I've never had any coughing, but probably a little dizziness from time to time early on and mild neuropathy that comes with most chemo drugs. Of course, everyone is different, but I think this is one of the better ones as far as chemo goes. I hope you do well and that it works for you for a very long time. 🙂

• AJ2
    AJ2 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thank you su1501. I really appreciate you sharing your personal experience which is so helpful. I am encouraged to hear how well it has worked for you and hope you continue to do well on it for a very long time also! Wishing you all the best.