Chemo Rash

Options
4Jones
4Jones Member Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I’m 8 days after my first chemo treatment and this morning I woke to a terrible rash covering my entire body. I thought I had mentally prepared myself for most things that could happen, but I wasn’t prepared for this. I’m thankful so far it’s not on my face. I live close to my Dr.’s office so I drove there this morning. She prescribed a steroid (Prednisone) to help with the itching, but is there anything else I can or should use, such as a ointment? Is this rash something that only happens after the first treatment or do I have the non-pleasure of going through this after each treatment? Thanks for any and all responses.

Comments

• Loo2590
    Loo2590 Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I had a rash on my arm the day after first treatment. It was to early to call the doctor so I just took a benadryl and it went away. I assumed it was because of my allergic reaction to the taxol. Dont know if benadryl will help. But when I did have the reaction during chemo, thats what they were pumping into my IV so it made sense.

• Loo2590
    Loo2590 Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

• larcon3922
    larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

After my 2nd Chemo, besides the bone pain, I was itching everywhere even though I was given the pre chemo medication such as Benadryl and Decadron. I had to take steroid once then the following chemo, it went smooth.