Long journey

Options
mboatman
mboatman Member Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi I am Megan I am 43 and I been on this junury since November. I am getting tired and worn out. I need encouragement please. I'm going to radiation right now and still getting her herceptin.

Comments

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Getting tired and worn out is is expected. You have been on a marathon since November! While the radiation is working to wipe out any rogue cells, your body is also working on rebuilding after multiple traumas. Best advice is to treat yourself kindly. Find some time to do something just for you. By the end of radiation I was pretty wiped out and naps were a part of my day for a week or so after the completion of radiation.

The emotional toll was the hardest. The medical world is doing everything they can for you physically. But, they are not very good in dealing with the emotional side. If emotionally you are in a bad spot some doctors will prescribed an anti-depressant. But you need to tell them how you feel. This is not the time to be a martyr. This is the time to put your well being first in your life.

Take care and best wishes for the rest of your successful treatment!

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Hi, Megan, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast in December 2021. It was a rare and aggressive cancer so they started me on chemo right away. I had seven treatments and last week I had surgery to remove what was left of the tumor. No cancer in my lymph nodes or the margins. I am very blessed. But there were lots of times I just prayed not to be here anymore. I felt so bad and was so sick, but not every day. You will have ups and downs. It is normal to feel like you can't do anything. Let others help you. Rest as much as you can, and most of all, do exactly what your doctors tell you. Don't feel like you have to do anything you don't feel like doing. I still have to have radiation and will find out next week how much. I look back at how far I have come, and it gives me hope and determination. Our town was wiped out by a tornado the week before I found out I had cancer. My home, thankfully, though damaged, was still standing. Sometimes I felt like giving up. But God has carried me every step of the way. You are not alone. I'm glad you reached out to this site. Best wishes, and well wishes for you! Keep us posted.