Small Cell Lung Cancer

Options
Brianakm79
Brianakm79 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2022 in Lung Cancer #1

My dad has stage 4 SCLC. He will be starting chemo(again) & immunotherapy. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Comments

• DougH
    DougH Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

My wife chose to not do the therapy. I ask her 2 times in front of doctor but she did not want to spend her time in hospital. She past on May 4th. We were married for 60 years and had lost all our children. I f I had to do over I would fight to have her do the chemo. I am now totally alone and with what is left over from my stage 3 colon rectal cancer which leaves one a vegetable. I cry all the time and the therapy groups don't help.

It's a hard call but if you want to live you do the chemo. I had the chemo and it was bad. I spent 45 days in hospital and am here now alone. Sorry but I am no upbeat just lonely.

• pjr72011
    pjr72011 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I am. I start chemo again on June 9. I was on chemo starting June 2021 until October 2021. Dr. Stopped chemo due to the problems I was having

kidneys shutting down, anemic, thyroid problems….

• rlpc23
    rlpc23 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi, my dad was also recently diagnosed with stage 4 SCLC with liver/bone mets. He started chemo (cisplatin/etoposide) and immunotherapy (imfinzi) last month. I’m new to the group and new to this journey in general, so don’t have much advice, but can definitely relate to what you’re going through.

• nursenugget
    nursenugget Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

One of my best friends is Stage IV SCLC with mets to the bone and liver. He recently finished his first round of chemo/immunotherapy and was set to start his monthly maintenance chemo today; However yesterday his CT showed new masses in his liver and an enlargement of the mass in his lung. Luckily his bone mets hasn't really changed much. So today he started his second round.

All this to say that while it isn't my dad going through it, it is someone very close to me and I can at least somewhat empathize with your situation. I feel helpless and I am a nurse, so naturally I have been desperately researching new treatment modalities and clinical trials, just trying to find some hope.