Ca125 increased significantly after having Bronchitis

Options
JustTryin41
JustTryin41 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Has anyone had a Similar Experience after having Bronchitis or other infections making their CA125 level jump up so much ?.. went from 6,000 to 9,000 ?..

Comments

• hannaha
    hannaha Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

hey there, my sister is a cancer patient, sha had a big jump of TM after covid...from 1000 to 2000. Started the second round of chemo with doxil... the TM continued to go up... we cannot even understand anything. The CT showed positive dynamics... meanwhile TM continues to grow.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Hi. I’m a visitor from the Uterine Board. There are many threads on that board that discuss rises and falls in CA2125 numbers. I had Stage 11 Fallopian tube cancer, secondary peritoneal (pelvis only).

For the most part those numbers in the 1000’s seem pretty high to me, but it is not a test that is a good indicator for everyone.

I never had numbers like that, but my number did rise during chemo by a few points, most likely because I was having issues with my stomach lining. Inflammation of the lining!

So, yes JustTryin41, I think many kinds of inflammation can make those numbers rise.

I’m sorry about your sister, hannaha. I’m a little confused by your post…not sure what TM stands for? Tumor? And I don’t really know what you mean by CT “positive dynamics.”

Hugs,

A

• hannaha
    hannaha Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi @thatblondegirl, thanks for your reply. Some information like this is giving hope, that maybe some inflammation is somewhere we are not able to locate... I don't know... have mixed feelings at the moment. TM stands for Tumormarker, sorry for this making complicated. And the CT scan positive dynamics means that the we saw some lymph nodes that used to be bigger in the previous scans get to normal and the CT scan in March showed no evidence of disease in CT scan, but the CA125 still growing constantly...