Severe Cramps (Gas Pain) after radiotherapy

Options
greentea98
greentea98 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My dad completed his 25 radiations of 45gy just a week ago to sacral vertebra, mesocrectum and pelvis. Ever since radiations he been having radiation cramps and bowel movement issue. Since finishing it, the bowel movements seem alright but cramps pain have increased.

He have been given Grade II RTOG Lower GI toxicity and Grade I GU toxicity. The doc have listed many pain medications but those don't seem to have fixed his pain problem till now.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Ah, this sounds all too familiar to me. I was in severe pain, throughout radiation and beyond. Nothing helped.

Excruciating pain, uncontrollable bowels, it was relentless hell on earth, that I thought would never end - but it did, eventually.

While I think that this is all normal, I hope that he is talking to his Radiologist and make sure he knows exactly what is going on - every gory detail.

I wish your dad the best, and my heart goes out to him.

Tru

• greentea98
    greentea98 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Thanks it really gives me hope. And yes he does talk with the radiologist but medications recommended have yet to show any improvements with pain. I think I should trust the process for now.

Thanks for the wishes.