Sevondary Cancers

Options
2»

Comments

• BellaD
    BellaD Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi there!

Absolutely! I had Radiation Therapy (RT) for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, 2A, almost thirty five years ago. As a result of the RT, I have had rounds of skin cancer, breast cancer, and muscle atrophy in RT field followed by head drop. The term Radiation Fibrosis (RF) covers the conditions mentioned, although RF is a syndrome that covers a myriad of conditions that could appear within a RT field.

Hope this helps.

BellaD

• depressed63
    depressed63 Member Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I’m wondering if the heavy doses of 3 types of chemo & 32 rounds of radiation my husband had 12 years ago for head and neck cancer caused his possible Lymphoma. We’re waiting on his diagnosis.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    edited September 2023 #24
    Options

I think it unlikely your doctor will ever commit to saying there was a specific cause. Radiation is known to cause some cancers. So is chemo. If you read the warnings for chemo drugs one of the side effects listed is cancer.

• lessam
    lessam Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi Bella,

I'm 43 years after my initial Hodgkin's Disease 3B diagnosis. I had both the linear accelerator and cobalt RT. I am dealing with head drop for 2-3 years now. I chalked it up to arthritis.

I did ask the latest Physiatrist whether there could be a connection with the RT and he said NO. Where did you hear that there is a cause/effect connection between RT and head drop? Thanks, Leslie