Elevated CA125 and Scans

Options
woodstock99
woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member

Sorry all but I I edited this post as I was not comfortable with it showing up in a Google search and I just had a couple of hours left to do so. I truly appreciate all your responses.

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I like that your doctor wants to do the scans. You won't stop worrying until you have them in my opinion. It looks like rheumatoid disease can cause pericarditis as can COVID. I think I just got over COVID. I was not tested as I didn't leave the house. So it is out there. I was vaccinated 3 times.

IF I were you I would not worry about the CA 125. So many things can cause it to be elevated. AND stress can exacerbate your other conditions. The scans will lower your stress. I had a cough, and thought it was cancer. It wasn't. I had hip pain and thought it was cancer. It wasn't. I think we all just have to accept we will experience this fear each time something goes wrong. Come and talk to us about it. Hugs to you!

Sue

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Woodstock,

What an ordeal! Pain like this that sends you to the ER is very frightening and concerning but I am glad no heart attack, blood clot or stroke. Your cardiologist thinks acute pericarditus and your rheumatologist agrees your inflammation markers are elevated. Sounds logical. I am glad you are feeling better.

I have never had a CA-125 test, my oncologist does not recommend them for 'my cancer' so I cannot comment. I know he feels they are unreliable. Perhaps this is such an instance. ..

I am sorry you are going to miss your NYC Anniversary! I understand your reluctance to travel at this this time. A quiet celebration at home is in order. Enjoy! ((Hugs))

• RainbowRita
    RainbowRita Member Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Woodstock, I think anybody would be worried after what you went through! So glad though to hear that you are doing better. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things. Hoping that scan puts your mind at ease and shows that all looks good inside. 😊

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Hi, Woodstock

I’m so sorry you have this hanging over your head. I have a 3-month follow-up next week and dread them, too. Ugh.

I agree with our friends that a CT is best, and empathize with your anxiety. And completely empathize with the angst about what I always call “that stupid CA number.” You can read lots of threads here about various ones of us struggling with that number. For some of us it matters, and some not. They make (try) me do that every month because I’m taking Zejula. I hate that! As a result this last 3 months I’ve just gone once. The CA was fine, but it makes me a nervous wreck. I’m supposed to have fresh report for my appointment Wednesday. I thought yesterday, “Maybe I won’t do that.” I’m not burying my head in the sand, but I’m sick of being poked…now they’ve taken to going in my hands, and I’m sick of waiting for that CA. I don’t know, I’m probably just getting more ornery. I think it’s highly possible that your issues with your heart has caused inflammation that’s elevated it.

I hate that you had to give up your NYC trip. Please try not to be too worried until there’s something to worry about! Happy Anniversary 😘

😎, A

• woodstock99
    Options

Thank you all for your support and wisdom. The great news is that my scans were all clear. There were some things on my chest CT scan most likely related to my recent mild COVID case (which we think I had based on positive antibody test as last booster was almost 9 months ago) which likely was the viral infection which caused the pericarditis attack. So all good for now until next 3 month check-up!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Great news. It can be so scary waiting. Happy for you~

Sue

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Thanks for letting us know about your CT! I’m thrilled for you that it was clear!

❤️, A

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

So glad to hear your good news and hope you are fully recovered. Those good results will certainly make you feel better!

• woodstock99
    Options

Thanks ❤️ everyone!