Almost there!

Options
Sunny5
Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
edited April 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

On December 10, 2021 our town was 75% wiped out by a monster tornado. A week later I found out I had Triple negative invasive aggressive breast cancer. Our house was damaged but not destroyed, and I feel like God knew what I'd be going through and needed my familiar home to recover. The home next door and all the way up the street for about three blocks was gone. Then I found out I have a torn meniscus in my left knee and have been in excruciating pain, which they have given me medicine for and a steroid shot. They can't fix it until I am finished with my cancer treatment. But I just finished my chemo three weeks ago and my tumor is now the size of a pea. I see the surgeon day after tomorrow to set up the surgery to remove it. Then I will need some radiation. Then I can have my knee repaired. I am so thankful for my cancer team and for advanced medicine that keeps getting better. I am also thankful that I didn't have to move somewhere and am able to recover at home. We were without power and gas for about two weeks and spent Christmas with my son and grandson and another several days with a kind friend who just let us move in with her. I feel like I am almost over my cancer journey and I just want to say that with all I've gone through I know people who have it worse. My heart and prayers are with everyone on this site and it has helped and inspired me to read y'all's experiences and ideas. God bless and heal every one of us.