Clear Cell Chondrosarcoma Bone Cancer

My daughter was diagnosed with this cancer in Dec 2020 at the age of 23. It was a few days before Christmas when we got the confirmation of this cancer which was found in her cervical spine (C2-C4). It was devastating on the whole family. In February of ‘21 she had her first surgery to remove the tumor which almost encased the whole of C3. The surgeons removed the tumor in its entirety and placed a plate at the base of her skull with rods to her T1. Six months later we learned her cancer metastasized and moved to lungs giving her metastatic stage 4 lung cancer. She had one lung surgery in Nov ‘21 and just had another one in April ‘22 to remove the bottom 1/3 of her right lung.

The reason i am giving you back ground is because as her mom (50) i am struggling with my emotions, depression and dont really know how to support her anymore. I am looking for support for myself.

Thank you

Comments

• Rhonda1100
    Rhonda1100 Member Posts: 9 Member

I'm newly diagnosed with uterine cancer and just reading the boards. Your post touched me. You have been through quite a lot that is overwhelming. I don't know what to tell you to make it better, but I will be praying for you and your daughter. You should get some good advice on the board soon.