16 years out

2»

Comments

• Emmanuel89
    Emmanuel89 Member Posts: 16 Member

Yes, my son has a BRAF mutation. So far he's had chemo only for 7 months, FOLFOXIRI + bevacizumab. There's a BRAF inhibitor but they haven't done it yet since his protocol is working. Actually this week (what would've been his 14th session) his onc gave him the week off so he can rest. He has the usual side effects (nausea, diarrhea, neuropathy on his hands) but the last 2 sessions he also got mouth sores. His prostate is a bit inflamed and his gallbladder has a stone. So rest was in order (my son asked for it, onc wasn't concerned about side effects and wanted to continue). Also, thanks to the Lord for cannabis, it's been a life saver for all his side effects!

It's truly been a hard 9 months, very humbling. As moms and caretakers we have to be strong for them, the siblings, husband AND us! But the Lord has them in His arms, never buckle under fear ❤️ we have the great healer on our side. If He's willing He will cure our boys.

Definitely keep in touch, this forum and these conversations are soul healing.

• nol
    nol Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi. I have KRAS mutation and my Onc added bevacizumab and i really felt it made a difference as my bowel movements became normal in size and frequency. Still on my 3rd chemo session yet so it will take time to confirm this after undergoing another colonoscopy. I’m also on capecitabine. Ask your doc about this.

• ron72
    ron72 Member Posts: 4 Member

G'day Chip, I'm now Ron 72 not Ron 50. This month I reach year 25 still cancer free. I remember you well from the old days and am pleased to see you doing well. Cheers Ron.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,288 Member

Ron?? I thought the blog had lost you. I'm glad to hear/see you responding after all this while. Congrats on 25 years, and counting.........................................................Dave

• impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 555 Member

Thank you Ron and congrats!