After 25 years it came back!

Options
psandy
psandy Member Posts: 1 Member

i had a mastectomy and reconstruction, tram flap in 1997. 6 months of chemo all while raising a 4 year old, 5 year old and an 8 year old. My husband had just started a new job that required him to travel quite a lot. Anyways, I had great friends who helped me a great deal when my husband was out of town.

22 years later I start to feel this hardness around the scar of my mastectomy. I tell my Dr she sends me for a mammogram, radiologist says fatty tissue. No problem. Next year, same thing mammogram results scar tissue, no problems. The next year I tell my Dr I feel like the hardness is getting bigger I lolgo for a mammogram and an ultrasound, they assured me it’s fatty tissue nothing to worry about. My Dr sent me in 6 months to have just the one side rescanned. Radiologist are still insisting it’s scar tissue nothing to be concerned about that was March of 2021. My husband and I moved from California to Arizona in December 2021. In March of 2022 my new Dr sent me for a screening mammogram. Right off the bat the radiologist didn’t like the looks of and wanted a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound done. After I had those done the radiologist spoke to me on the phone and said she highly suggested having a biopsy there was a spot that concerned her. Had the biopsy done, came back positive, preliminary stage 2 they are still conducting other tests. Tumor is 9.5 cm .in 1997 I was also stage 2 the tumor was 6.0 cm.

I see the Oncologist on Friday and the surgeon on Monday. I never knew this could happen after having a mastectomy. I am more upset with the drs in CA for misdiagnosing me for 3 years!!