Port causing lots of pain

Options
HFTG61
HFTG61 Member Posts: 31 Member
edited April 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I have had my Medi port since February and this past chemo treatment, which was my 3rd TX, I complained loudly asking WHY when they access it does it nearly have me scream! It feels like skin is literally being ripped off my body. And not only when being used for Chemo. Sometimes when I'm sleeping I get crazy twangs of pain and bouts of itching around it. They finally decided to do a scan, but reluctantly because they believe it is working great. Seems they are only concerned with good blood return & no resistance. But what about my mental anguish of anxiety every time they have to access it? I even asked the doctor if it could be scar tissue or a nerve pain. He said the dye scan would not tell him that. Ugh! So I have been given a Rx of Lidocaine. We will see how that works in a few weeks at next treatment.

Comments

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I can only go by my own experience, but that does not sound normal to me. Be aggressive about getting them to find the cause. When they access mine, I feel a sting, but no other problems. You should not have to suffer like that! Prayers! Perhaps an MRI could tell them something.