Going for my scans next week

Options
Mmoses25
Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
edited April 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Ok going for my two year scans next week and I’m already worrying but if there all good I get to go to every six months and instead of every three months

Comments

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Good luck...prayers for NED!

• Mmoses25
    Options
  • Biner
    Biner Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Wish you anither NED and biring result!

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Here's to a visit from Uncle NED! Prayers and all the best to you!

• Mmoses25
    Options

Thank you everyone I’ll let you know how it goes next Thursday

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

I'm here to tell you that worry will get you absolutely nowhere in this journey. It's not the scans, the tests, the lab punctures or peeing in a bottle. It's only about the results.

Within 2 weeks will be the "anniversary" of my diagnosis day. I'm in the 16th year of survival with having Stage 4 RCC. That was 2006. The long surgery removed a lot of what was found and a couple of other organs to go with it. The cancer was found 2 different times, once in 2007 and once in 2008, both in small out of the way nodes that were each removed with surgery. That's why the follow up tests are SOOOooo important, as they were able to see a difference in node sizes measured in mm.

I gladly go in for tests on a regular basis-my Internist, my Oncologist, and Nephrologist. I've had call backs and additional tests, biopsies, endoscopic procedures, X-rays, untrasounds, more CT's than you can count...but I'm still here.

The grandchildren--1 graduated from University, 1 is a Sr and getting ready to graduate, 1 is a Sr. in HS., and one one my D-in-law had just after my 1st Surgery is a joy to watch.

So thank you surgeons and Dr's. I'm still here.

donna_lee

• Mmoses25
    Options

Thank you Donna