So about intimacy

Options
Teresa0287
Teresa0287 Member Posts: 16 Member
edited April 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

How long do you usually wait after being disconnected from the chemotherapy before you feel safe about sharing kisses or being close? Thank you 💖

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

I never saw anything definitive about "contact chemo," although the concept is out there. I did not change my usual conduct during chemo.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

I didn't think about it back in the day; but later read that you should leave it - it being intercourse, of course 

😀 , three days.

I also read that you shouldn't flush the toilet with the lid up, because of contamination. Now, wether that is true or not, who knows.

Tru

• Tueffel
    Tueffel Member Posts: 327 Member
    Options

I think human contact or general contact is important. When we hug, oxytocin is released which makes us happy. Happyness is always good.

I hugged and kissed my dad a lot simply because at some point I know I couldnt do it anymore.

Of course during covid time it got a little bit harder. But hugging is still ok and kisses with your partner at home too. French kisses are a good work up for the immune system. A lot of bacteria is exchanged then... might be tricky when you are severely immunocompromised (but then you are most likely in isolation).

I would say contact is ok as long as this person is healthy and has no cold etc

• Teresa0287
    Teresa0287 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Okay thank you so much! The contact chemo three day rule is what we are trying to navigate and make sure we avoid, thank you for the information!