Types of Uterine/Endometrial Cancer

Options
13»

Comments

• loulou12
    loulou12 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

The more I read the more anxiety I am getting. I am scheduled for July 3rd to get a total hysterectomy I have adenocarcinoma Endometroid Grade 1. As I stated I am beyond terrified. Pre op this week scheduled for a pelvis abdominal CT scan w contrast. Never had that in my life either. Then blood work a week before surgery. I am beyond depressed and basically thinking about this 24/7. I am 75 and last time in was in a hospital is when I was 26 having my daughter. Never had anesthesia which I am more terrified than the surgery :( . And now I read about the "vaginal cuff" which I didn't even think about. I am sure many have had to have this with a total surgery? OMG it is 2 weeks away and already am crying off and on. I wish i could be strong and positive, blah, blah, blah but apparently my fear to overtaking me. I am a mess and so strange because I have no bleeding vaginal (on provera) and feel fine.

• Wannabeatit
    Wannabeatit Member Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I’m trying to make a new post but it won’t let me. I just noticed that the staging for Uterine cancer has been changed. NCCN guidelines update. Don’t know how to send links

• CSNSupportTeam
    CSNSupportTeam admin Posts: 199
    Options

Hello Wannabeatit,

To start a new topic, select the blue button that says “New Topic” on the righthand side of the page. If you need further assistance with starting a new topic, please feel free to email the CSN Support Team.

• Signature123
    Signature123 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Thank you for all the information. What are the early symptoms of endometrioid adenocarcinoma?

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Unfortunately there is no definitive test that determines uterine cancer, but unusual bleeding could be a sign something is going on - after menopause is something that should be looked at, some women have had a positive PAP test - which is very unusual but has happened, not feeling right - there just is no one answer.

You know your body best and when something doesn't feel right, and it is applicable for anything, keep pushing for answers. Some doctors are more proactive on their own, but not all women here have reported that, sadly.

• SpringerSpanielMom
    SpringerSpanielMom Member Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Lou Lou, I know this will not be reassuring enough, but I'd trade places w/ you in a heartbeat. Adenocarcinoma? Endometriod? Stage 1? Possibly even confined to the endometrium? I know it's cancer, but there's cancer and Cancer. I have GCS aka MMMT, automatically Grade 3 regardless of appearance (though mine appears as Grade 3 too); with some myometrial invasion (13%). With GCS, we have carcinoma (like you) plus sarcoma. Also, of the carcinomas, there's better carcinoma like endometriod, and worse, like clear cell, and even more worse, serous...and then, dun, dun, dun, UC/DC. One of my carcinomas is serous. So my point is generally your diagnosis has a very good prognosis, and there's a great chance you're going to be just fine. You may not even need chemo or radiation...

• SpringerSpanielMom
    Options

And re the anesthesia, these anesthesiologists do this week in and week out; it's a highly specialized area. My surgery was a nothingburger.

• SpringerSpanielMom
    Options

The vaginal cuff thing sounds so scary, but it just means they sew up the top of the vagina, where your uterus would be. IT feels the same, and many like me have no discernible changes at all.

• loulou12
    loulou12 Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2023 #50
    Options

Hello. I know this was a post from awhile back and hope this finds you well and cancer free. I was diagnosed in May 2023 with Adenocarcinoma Endatroid . Lining of my endometrium very thick more than likely due to 1 mg of estrogen for many many years without progestogen. I am 75 yrs. old and have never had surgery anesthesia. I was beyond depressed and terrified. Long story short referred to Oncologist GYN who was God Sent!!!! I had robotic surgery, total Hysterotomy. Pathology came back Grade 1 , Stage 1A Figo. Everything seemed great, lymph nodes, etc., etc. BUT..... Found a small amount Lymphovasular invasion (not lymph nodes). In veins near site of original cancer cells. Margins benign. I met with the Oncologist/Radiologist and I am scheduled for 3 sessions (Mon, Wed, Fri) of Brachytherapy High Dose to prevent Vaginal Vault from getting cancer. I am not afraid of getting this. I have gone through soooo much already I want to be totally cancer free!!!! I was told I WILL NOT LOSE HAIR ON MY HEAD. Radiation may make you loose hair only where radiation goes. Is this true? This had been quite a roller coaster ride for me. First pipeline biopsy in May was inconclusive although I had severe vag. bleeding. Did another biopsy with my regular GYN in june and that is when it came back with the dreaded news. I was not surprised. I feel that if I was on Progesterone along with estrogen all these years my lining of my uterus would have not grown soooo thick and abnormal. But, water under the bridge. My surgeon now will be my new Dr. Young and amazing. I feel blessed what an amazing surgery he performed and count my blessings.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

loulou glad to hear you are doing well.

I had 3 chemos before my radiation and my hair started to grow back in during the radiation. Of course, when I had the chemo again it was gone. I have never heard of anyone losing the hair on their head from brachy, but I don't like to say "never". I think the odds are in your favor the hair on your head is safe.

I am sure they explained vaginal stenosis to you and the need to use dialators after treatment has ended? You'll be ok, but if you haven't heard about this give them a call.

I saw the post on the other thread of your beautiful little granddaughter and you. Very sweet.