Question about shots to increase blood counts

lkitty
lkitty Member Posts: 36 Member

Good Afternoon,

Would anyone happen to know anything about Ziextenzo and Filgrastim injections? I will be starting this meds soon. I can always talk to my nurse about these meds. I just hope I don't experience any serious side effects.

Lisa

Comments

• Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member

I don’t know anything about ziextenzo. Filgrastim is almost the same as Neulasta except Neulasta has something add to make it stay in your system longer, I think so you don’t need as many doses of it. Maybe search Neulasta on here and see what others have said. I had that and didn’t have too much trouble with it, Claritin helps.

• lkitty

Good Morning,

I have had the three injections and have not had side effects so far. I spoke with my nurse yesterday and she advised me to take Claritin before my next injection. I will start Ziextendo tomorrow so I am going to take Claritin today. The good news is that I only have two more chemo treatments! Thanks for your advice.

Lisa

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2022 #4

Lisa,

Thanks for checking back with us to let us know about how you're doing. While the single dose Neulasta is familiar, this daily shot regimen is new to many of us. So we appreciate hearing how it is working for you.

I hope these injections improve your blood counts quickly so that you can finish the last two chemo treatments without a further delay.

• lkitty

I am so ready to complete these treatments. Just two more!

Chris, thanks for your support. 🙂

• RainbowRita
    RainbowRita Member Posts: 72 Member

I also received a "biosimilar" for Neulasta, but mine was called Udencya. I had three "delays in treatment" (and a dose reduction) due to low blood counts for my 5th chemo cycle. So my oncologist prescribed the Udencya. I also received the Udencya injection with my last cycle of chemo. Like you, Lisa I was told to take Claritin before the injections. I was also taking Claritin before rounds of chemo.

I had some bone pain with the Udencya, but I already had that after chemo infusions. I think the bone pain just was extended a few extra days and seemed more intense than chemo bone pain. Like others I have mentioned, I only had one injection one day after a chemo infusion. So only two injections total, 3 weeks apart.