My hubby passed away

Options
GGc0ok
GGc0ok Member Posts: 54 Member

As some of you know I’ve been a caregiver for my husband for three years now. After my diagnosis I thought to myself how will I be able to do so. My CLL/SLL is watch and wait since being diagnosed November 2020. Last check up my labs in range, still no treatment.

Yesterday my Bobby passed away. He had been in and out of the hospital Feb.,March. He came home last Monday the 28th of March going on Hospice. His daughter came here from NJ to help me. He hadn’t been home quite a week and yesterday his heart just said enough. He had suffered greatly, and his quality of life had declined. It’s all so very sad. He was the kindest, most compassionate person I’ve ever known. He was a Veteran and will have a military graveside service.

I ask you all if you could please send your prayers and positive thoughts my way, I’m going to need them

Thank you

GG

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,467 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this. May he receive eternal rest in exchange for the tremendous suffering. And may you and your loved ones receive consolation during this time of sorrow.

You will feel alone, but in truth, you never are. When you need a little help, simply ask and you shall receive it.

• GGc0ok
    Options

Thank you for your kindness po18

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,467 Member
    Options

In my faith tradition, we pray for the repose of the souls of those who have been called into eternity, as well as praying for consolation for those who are grieving. To feel great loss speaks of great love. We suffer loss, but that is due to the amazing gain we enjoyed from their time with us. Prayers are ascending.

• PBL
    PBL Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Very sorry to read your news. You have been strong while you cared for your husband; I wish you continued strength and I hope you are surrounded with friends and loved ones to help you through this difficult time.

Kind regards,

PBL

• PeprmntPat55
    PeprmntPat55 Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I am so very, very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Praying God's peace for you and your family.

Pat

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options

My condolences for the loss of your Bobby. May he rest in peace and may you be surrounded by love and light.

Rocquie

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Options

I am so sorry GG, I also lost my husband February 11 after a 10 1/2 year battle with mantle cell lymphoma. I certainly know how difficult this is for you, Bill is the love of my life and I miss him terribly. I wish there was some kind of comfort or advice I could give you but it’s still very raw for me right now. You are dealing with your own difficult illness and I am very sorry for that, please take care of yourself and make sure you eat as well as you can and sleep. You must have been a very good caregiver and I’m sure that Bobby had a good life with you even at the end.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Becky

• GGc0ok
    Options

Becky, I’m sending you my biggest hug. I’m so very sorry for your loss as well. We won’t be able to have his graveside service until June. The military cemetery is booked until then. I wanted it all to be over within two weeks. But there isn’t anything I can do about it. Two of our daughters came for a week each and have gone home. Grief is strange to navigate. I’ve been doing the dreaded clean out of everything. Our love story was finding each other in later in life. Which meant merging two homes. His from NJ mine here in California. He brought with him all his stuffs when we moved him out west, where we made our home. We were together nearly 25 years

Watching our loved ones battle their illnesses, for you 10 1/2 years is most heart wrenching. My Bobbys quality of life was non existent. The suffering he endured was 24/7.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m sure you were the love of your Bill’s life as well I believe our Hubby’s are watching over us. I do feel my Bobby close to me. Our kitty cat M&M is missing his Daddy too.

Your in my prayers and I hope you have peace amongst your grief.

Hugs Bridget 💔

• illead
    Options

Thank you also Bridget for your kind words. Bill and my story is kind of opposite. We live in a Twin Cities in N. California, I was born and raised in Marysville and he in Yuba City but we never knew each other till after high school and were married nine months later. We have a son and a daughter. A little over a month after he passed away was our 52nd wedding anniversary. We have a deep faith in God‘s promise of the resurrection so that gives me much peace but it is still very difficult.

Yes I agree 💔,

Becky

• GGc0ok
    Options

Becky, I’m in Northern Ca as well. Vacaville. Small world. Your love story is a beautiful one. 52 years of loving each other is beautiful thing. May you find peace and comfort as the days go by.

Hugs Bridget

• illead
    Options

Yes, small world, we’re both from the part of California nobody knows exists lol. My same well wishes for you.

Becky