Oh my goodness!!

Options
Hmp5893
Hmp5893 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2022 in Breast Cancer #1

I haven’t been diagnosed with breast cancer as yet. I do have a follow up appointment this Friday where more test will be performed. But that’s not why I’m posting. I have just been going through the forum and reading the stories as a “just in case, be prepared” kind of thing. I want to say that you ladies are beyond amazing. I have went back as of right now to 2017. I never knew so much that went into having breast cancer entailed. I have learned so much just from reading what you guys have posted. From the different procedures and test and diagnoses. But most of all the absolute grace and “sisterhood and sometimes brothers” that you guys have shown while going through your own battles. I want you ladies to know that you are great inspirations and have given me so much peace of mind and have also helped to make the wait for my visit bearable. I can only hope that if I have that result then I will be as dignified and be more prepared because of you! So just wanted to say that and to thank you ladies and know that you are great inspirations. Truly thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Comments

• CancerFreeSunny
    CancerFreeSunny Member Posts: 76 Member
    Options

You are brave! You are a warrior! I am a kidney warrior too so I fought two battles. Well, right now with this new pill he wants me to take, my chances are already very low to get cancer in the mastetomy breast. (he said 1%) I do have a low score on the oncotype but I ended up having a chek2 on the genetic test which makes me 40% risk for breast cancer (yup) and colon cancer.

You are stronger than you know! If your test comes back with cancer, at first you are in shock but SOON you brain says "Get this out of me now!" and your fight begins to save your life. Depending on your stage, if very early, you can do so much!