Simple Question

Options
CastlP
CastlP Member Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2022 in Kidney Cancer #1

Has anyone on here or they know developed metastasis from a sub 3cm grade 2 tumor? ?

thank you

Paul

Comments

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Have you had surgery yet? A tumor that size is usually stage 1, but it can be stage 3 or if it's invaded the renal vein or far, or it can be stage 4 IF it spread after stage 3. It would be very rare to jump from stage 1 to stage 4, especially with a grade 2.

• CastlP
    CastlP Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I had a PN on January 21st. It was a stage T1a 2.8cm/grade 2 cancer. Just was wondering how likely is for that size and grade to metastasize in the future. Wondering if it has happened to someone else?

• AliceB1950
    AliceB1950 Member Posts: 237 Member
    Options

It's a really, REALLY low chance of recurrence with that stage and grade. Enjoy your cancer-free life, and look at your scans as no scarier than the routine blood work your primary care doctor orders.

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I think you will be just fine I was stage 3 because of where my tumor was located but I’m still fine at two years out so I think you can rest easy my thoughts are with you

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Hello,

probability of mets is extremely low. In your case there is really no need to worry about recurrence too much. Do not skip follow ups, of course, but don’t let fear shadow your life. Life in constant fear is as terrible as cancer :-( you will be fine!