Fibromyalgia and chemotherapy

Options
dianeholloway
dianeholloway Member Posts: 1 *
edited June 2022 in Ovarian Cancer #1

I just completed a Gemzar and taxotere chemotherapy regimen with Neulasta. The pain with this chemo has been almost unbearable with no explanation from my doctor. I hurt from my head literally to my toes. (Teeth, shoulders, ribs, pelvis, elbows, knees, etc.) The past 6 weeks I have not been able to walk. I feel like my legs weigh 400lbs each. I can make it to the toilet and then I have to rest before going back to the couch. By the time I make it back to the couch I am out of breath and hurting all over. I am 61 years old and in decent physical shape. I was walking 1.5 miles a day early in my treatment. I have fibromyalgia and am trying to makes sense of all this. Anyone had chemo cause their fibromyalgia to flair? And is it going to get better?

Comments

• KMCpelican
    KMCpelican Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I hear you sister.

with every chemo I felt like I had a major fibromyalgia flare up. I felt like my knees had been replaced. They hurt so much. Needless to say it was hard to walk too. The neulasta makes your bones hurt because it stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. After my first chemo the oncologist said to take Claritin for 7 days that it helps with bone pain.

Each chemo lowered my hemoglobin which added to the breathlessness walking especially climbing the stairs.

I had my last Chemo the beginning of March. The fibromyalgia pains are close to what my normal pre chemo was under mild stress. my strength and stamina are returning. I look forward to a busy summer doing all my normal things.

you will too